Contested Language in Malory's Morte Darthur : The Politics of Romance in Fifteenth-Century England Hardback
by Ruth Lexton
Part of the Arthurian and Courtly Cultures series
Examining Malory's political language, this study offers a revisionary view of Arthur's kingship in the Morte Darthur and the role of the Round Table fellowship.
Considering a range of historical and political sources, Lexton suggests that Malory used a specific lexicon to engage with contemporary problems of kingship and rule.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 248 pages, XII, 248 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/06/2014
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9781137364821
- Paperback / softback from £47.85