Statistical Physics II : Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics Paperback / softback
Part of the Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences series
Statistical Physics II introduces nonequilibrium theories of statistical mechanics from the viewpoint of the fluctuation-disipation theorem.
Emphasis is placed on the relaxation from nonequilibrium to equilibrium states, the response of a system to an external disturbance, and general problems involved in deriving a macroscopic physical process from more basic underlying processes.
Fundamental concepts and methods are stressed, rather than the numerous individual applications.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 279 pages, XVI, 279 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 14/11/1991
- Category: Statistical physics
- ISBN: 9783540538332
- PDF from £93.08