Social Tragedy : The Power of Myth, Ritual, and Emotion in the New Media Ecology Hardback
by S. Baker
Part of the Cultural Sociology series
A social tragedy is a collective representation of injustice.
Baker demonstrates how social tragedies facilitate moral action and discusses a series of contemporary case studies - the death of Princess Diana, Zinedine Zidane's 2006 World Cup scandal, KONY 2012 - to examine their social and political effects.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 224 pages, XI, 224 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/06/2014
- Category: Popular culture
- ISBN: 9781137386137
- Paperback / softback from £18.89