What is a medium? Why is there always a middle? Can media produce 'immediacy'? Henri Bergson recognized mediation as the central philosophical problem of modernity.
This book traces his influence on the 'media philosophies' of Gilles Deleuze, Marshall McLuhan, Walter Benjamin and Michel Serres.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 185 pages, VII, 185 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/10/2013
- Category: Western philosophy, from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137324498
- Paperback / softback from £49.85