The New Cockney : New Ethnicities and Adolescent Speech in the Traditional East End of London Hardback
by S. Fox
The New Cockney provides a sociolinguistic account of speech variation among adolescents in the 'traditional' East End of London.
Embedded in its social context, it focuses on the interaction and social practices within a single community and highlights some of the possible mechanisms for language change.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 247 pages, XV, 247 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/04/2015
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230203556
- PDF from £42.49
- Paperback / softback from £55.79