Reading Women's Worlds from Christine de Pizan to Doris Lessing : A Guide to Six Centuries of Women Writers Imagining Rooms of Their Own Paperback / softback
by S. Jansen
In this work, Jansen explores a recurring theme in writing by women: the dream of finding or creating a private and secluded retreat from the world of men. These imagined "women's worlds" may be very small, a single room, for example, but many women writers are much more ambitious, fantasizing about cities, even entire countries, created for and inhabited exclusively by women.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 243 pages, X, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/01/2014
- Category: Literary studies: fiction, novelists & prose writers
- ISBN: 9781137386229
- Hardback from £69.39
- PDF from £21.25
- Paperback / softback from £17.45