French Colonial Fascism : The Extreme Right in Algeria, 1919-1939 Hardback
This study investigates the various extreme-rightist leagues in Algeria, with particular attention to certain key themes, among them the rabid xenophobia directed at the Jewish population and local Muslims.
It demonstrates that fascism helped to construct a racial hierarchy to preserve European hegemony and a pool of cheap labor.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 286 pages, XI, 286 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/10/2013
- Category: African history
- ISBN: 9781137307088
- Paperback / softback from £48.25