The Interaction Between Local and International Peacebuilding Actors : Partners for Peace Hardback
Part of the Rethinking Political Violence series
This book helps to better understand how the interaction between local and international peacebuilding actors influences the outcomes of their programs.
Based on the case study of Ituri in the Democratic Republic of Congo, it analyses the relationships between local and international peacebuilding actors over the long term and assesses ways to overcome the obstacles to more cooperative partnerships.
Focusing on perceptions, the book nuances existing definitions of war, peacebuilding and peace and allows for a more comprehensive understanding of conflict contexts.
Thereby, it contributes to the literature on peacebuilding effectiveness and makes concrete suggestions for translating these findings into practice.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, 2 Illustrations, color; XIX, 233 p. 2 illus. in color.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 26/01/2018
- Category: Peace studies & conflict resolution
- ISBN: 9783319653006
- Paperback / softback from £81.45
- EPUB from £84.58