Ribbon Culture : Charity, Compassion and Public Awareness Paperback / softback
This book explores the history, meaning, and sociological implications of awareness campaigns, seeing them as personal displays of compassion in a culture where empathy is a by-word for authenticity.
It also highlights how charities use awareness campaigns to reach their audience, and the transformation of charity into a commercial enterprise.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 190 pages, XVI, 190 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/01/2008
- Category: Popular culture
- ISBN: 9780230247895
- Paperback / softback from £48.95
- Hardback from £68.45