Journey of Life: Birth Paperback / softback
by Sarah Levete
Part of the Journey of Life series
This book looks at how birth is marked in many different ways by different religions and secular cultures.
It looks at the naming ceremonies of Sikhs and Hindus, the Christian baptism and the Jewish brit milah.
Find out why Muslims make sure that the first words their child hears are those of player, and why Buddhists take their babies to be blessed by a monk. The Journey of Life series looks at the rites of birth, coming of age, marriage and death, and how religions and cultures celebrate them.
It raises topical issues surrounding these stages and how they are marked by different religions.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, Colour photographs throughout
- Publisher: Hachette Children's Group
- Publication Date: 10/09/2015
- Category: Citizenship & social education
- ISBN: 9780750296373