Ethics and Philosophical Critique in William James Hardback
Marchetti offers a revisionist account of James's contribution to moral thought in the light of his pragmatic conception of philosophical activity.
He sketches a composite picture of a Jamesian approach to ethics revolving around the key notion and practice of a therapeutic critique of one's ordinary moral convictions and style of moral reasoning.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 291 pages, XI, 291 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/08/2015
- Category: Western philosophy: c 1600 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137541772
- PDF from £18.70
- Paperback / softback from £18.55