The Art of War for Security Managers : 10 Steps to Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness PDF
by Scott Watson
The classic book The Art of War (or as it is sometimes translated, The Art of Strategy) by Sun Tzu is often used to illustrate principles that can apply to the management of business environments. The Art of War for Security Managers is the first book to apply the time-honored principles of Sun Tzu's theories of conflict to contemporary organizational security.
Corporate leaders have a responsibility to make rational choices that maximize return on investment. The author posits that while conflict is inevitable, it need not be costly. The result is an efficient framework for understanding and dealing with conflict while minimizing costly protracted battles, focusing specifically on the crucial tasks a security manager must carry out in a 21st century organization.
* Includes an appendix with job aids the security manager can use in day-to-day workplace situations
* Provides readers with a framework for adapting Sun Tzu's theories of conflict within their own organizations
* From an author who routinely packs the room at his conference presentations
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 200 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier Science
- Publication Date: 01/04/2011
- Category: Knowledge management
- ISBN: 9780080522012
- Paperback / softback from £27.69