Salgado's images of the Sahel famine and his colossal project 'Workers' would be enough to make his reputation and justify all the awards he has received.
But there is more.A native of Brazil, trained as an economist, Sebastiao Salgado has shown a constant faith in mankind, a solidarity that never wavers or flinches in the face of pain, an ability to analyse extreme situations, a fierce drive to affirm what he truly is, a humanist photographer.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 63 Halftones, duotone
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 25/01/2007
- Category: Individual photographers
- ISBN: 9780500410868
- Hardback from £11.79
- Postcard book or pack from £14.45
- CD / Album from £10.09
- Paperback / softback from £14.89
- PDF from £25.46