Iridescences : The Physical Colors of Insects Hardback
Lepidoptera and Coleoptera - butterflies and beetles - are the most beautifully colored insects we can find.
This book explores the origin of these brilliant colors from a physics perspective, beginning with the simplest question: Why Colors?
The author masterfully explains at an introductory level the coloring of insects and illustrates his points with more than 240 brilliant figures.
The book is a rich source for optical physicists, biologists, and teachers alike.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 160 pages, X, 160 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 18/12/2006
- Category: Insects (entomology)
- ISBN: 9780387341194
- PDF from £93.08
- Paperback / softback from £95.35