SPDE in Hydrodynamics: Recent Progress and Prospects : Lectures given at the C.I.M.E. Summer School held in Cetraro, Italy, August 29 - September 3, 2005 Paperback / softback
Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics series
Of the three lecture courses making up the CIME summer school on Fluid Dynamics at Cetraro in 2005 reflected in this volume, the first, due to Sergio Albeverio describes deterministic and stochastic models of hydrodynamics. In the second course, Franco Flandoli starts from 3D Navier-Stokes equations and ends with turbulence.
Finally, Yakov Sinai, in the 3rd course, describes some rigorous mathematical results for multidimensional Navier-Stokes systems and some recent results on the one-dimensional Burgers equation with random forcing.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 174 pages, VIII, 174 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 14/04/2008
- Category: Differential calculus & equations
- ISBN: 9783540784920