Hoi : Your Swiss German Survival Guide Paperback / softback
With 'Hoi', you'll learn to express your feelings and opinions, shop and meet people - all in Swiss German.
You'll find the formulations you need to enjoy Swiss social life or engage in sports and outdoor activities. And you'll discover lots of handy phrases for small talk, eating out, making telephone calls, getting and giving help in an emergency, and other day-to-day language needs. 'Hoi' includes over 2000 words and phrases. They're derived primarily from the dialect spoken in the Zurich region, which is understood throughout the Swiss German speaking part of the country. 'Hoi' is chock-full of encouragement for you to get a grip on the expressions you'll need if you're to enjoy your time in Switzerland and feel at home here. 'Hoi' includes an English to Swiss German and a Swiss German to English dictionary.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 168 pages, 29 black/white and 107 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Bergli Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 09/08/2012
- Category: Bilingual/multilingual dictionaries (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9783905252132
- Paperback / softback from £14.49
- Paperback from £14.65