Oceans in Decline Paperback / softback
by Sergio Rossi
What is happening in our oceans? By describing their main elements, this book shows how and why the oceans are being transformed, and suggests possible future scenarios to address this complex, yet often-asked, question.
The ocean is being dramatically transformed, but the magnitude of this transformation remains unclear since the ocean is largely inaccessible and still unknown: there is more information about the outer universe than about the deepest parts of our oceans. The author, a marine biologist with extensive research experience, offers a holistic view of our oceans.
Focusing on fishing, pollution and the effects of climate change, he identifies and describes the changes occurring in all marine ecosystems, and discusses the long-passed state of equilibrium.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 17 Illustrations, color; 3 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 352 p. 20 illus., 17 ill
- Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Publication Date: 25/03/2019
- Category: Popular science
- ISBN: 9783030025137
- EPUB from £19.54