Teaching and Learning Methods in Medicine Paperback / softback
This book considers the evolution of medical education over the centuries, presents various theories and principles of learning (pedagogical and andragogical) and discusses different forms of medical curriculum and the strategies employed to develop them, citing examples from medical schools in developed and developing nations.
Instructional methodologies and tools for assessment and evaluation are discussed at length and additional elements of modern medical teaching, such as writing skills, communication skills, evidence-based medicine, medical ethics, skill labs and webinars, are fully considered.
In discussing these topics, the authors draw upon the personal experience that they have gained in learning, teaching and disseminating knowledge in many parts of the world over the past four decades.
Medical Education in Modern Times will be of interest for medical students, doctors, teachers, nurses, paramedics and health and education planners.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 334 pages, 112 Illustrations, color; 2 Illustrations, black and white; XVIII, 334 p. 114 illus., 112
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 20/10/2014
- Category: Higher & further education, tertiary education
- ISBN: 9783319068497