Wealth, Poverty and Welfare Paperback / softback
Part of the Skills-based Sociology series
This book explores debates about poverty, wealth and the welfare state from a sociological perspective, explaining the concepts of poverty and welfare, the pattern of their distribution and the causes of continuing poverty.
The origin, purpose and future of the welfare state is also discussed, setting British material within a global framework.
As with other titles in the series, the text is laced with activities, exercises and sample essay questions.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 211 pages, X, 211 p.
- Publisher: Macmillan Education UK
- Publication Date: 10/12/2002
- Category: Poverty & unemployment
- ISBN: 9780333719336