Growing Up in a Nonya Kitchen : Singapore Recipes from My Mother Paperback / softback
by SHARON WEE
Growing Up in a Nonya Kitchen provides a rare and insightful view into the daily life of a Peranakan family harking back to the early 20th century.
With comprehensive chapters dedicated to documenting cooking utensils, essential ingredients, the Nonya s agak agak (estimating) philosophy, as well as Chinese New Year and other festive dishes, baked goods and Nonya kuehs, Growing Up in a Nonya Kitchen is a volume to read and treasure for anyone looking for an in-depth understanding of the Peranakan (and Singapore) food heritage."
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 1 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/05/2012
- Category: National & regional cuisine
- ISBN: 9789814346368