Embroidered Textiles : A World Guide to Traditional Patterns Paperback / softback
by Sheila Paine
This beautifully illustrated book examines the fascinating symbolism behind the motifs and patterns of embroidered textiles, from Ghanaian patchwork banners to Egyptian headshawls.
Complete with a glossary, dictionary of stitches, further reading and information on where to access public collections as well as how to collect textiles of one's own, this is an unrivalled guide for anyone interested in textiles, costume or craft.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 146 Illustrations, black and white; 362 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/09/2010
- Category: Textile artworks: tapestries, hangings & quilts
- ISBN: 9780500288580