Women and Economic Activities in Late Medieval Ghent Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
Contrary to the widespread view that women exercised economic autonomy only in widowhood, Hutton argues that marital status was not the chief determinant of women's economic activities in the mid-fourteenth century and that women managed their own wealth to a far greater extent than previously recognized.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 240 pages, 17 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 240 p. 17 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/03/2011
- Category: Medieval history
- ISBN: 9780230104952
- Paperback / softback from £53.19