Tinsel, Tumbleweeds, and Star-Spangled Celebrations : Holidays on the Western Frontier from New Year's to Christmas Paperback / softback
Celebrating tradition and old-fashioned funHolidays on the frontier were a time for celebration, stopping work and chores, and honoring their purpose.
The book includes stories of all the biggest celebrations, including traditions, food, songs, games, and other fun tidbits.
Fifty food and drink recipes and the rules for typical parlor games of the time are included along with sidebars on common gifts of the time.
First-hand accounts, newspaper articles, journals, photos, and Victorian memorabilia complete the package.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 232 pages, Recipes; 38 Halftones, color; 32 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 03/10/2017
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781493018024