Theory of Film : The Redemption of Physical Reality Paperback / softback
Siegfried Kracauer's classic study, originally published in 1960, explores the distinctive qualities of the cinematic medium.
The book takes its place alongside works in classical film theory by such figures as Bela Balazs, Rudolf Arnheim, and Andre Bazin, among others, and has met with much critical dispute.
In this new edition, Miriam Bratu Hansen, examining the book in the context of Kracauer's extensive film criticism from the 1920s, provides a framework for appreciating the significance of Theory of Film for contemporary film theory.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 488 pages, 64 halftones
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Publication Date: 24/11/1997
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780691037042