Writing on the Wall : Word and Image in Modern Art Paperback / softback
by Simon Morley
Now published in paperback, this book is the first systematic study to explore the way in which words have encroached on the visual arts from the late 19th century to the present day.
From the Impressionists to contemporary practitioners, Writing on the Wall shows how artists have responded to an environment increasingly saturated with words, and how the mass media has adopted and adapted artistic devices in typography, propaganda and advertising.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 107 Illustrations, black and white; 77 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/06/2007
- Category: Art & design styles: from c 1960
- ISBN: 9780500284582