Long before he set foot on the islands, Big Cat Diary and Springwatch presenter, Simon King, fell in love with Shetland.
This extraordinary northern wilderness is home to otters and a vast seabird colony, but it was a chance encounter with a killer whale that compelled him to spend a year getting to know the place of his boyhood dreams for a BBC series. With his wife and young daughter, Simon experienced Shetland through the changing seasons and discovered the wildlife and the warmth of community in these islands battered by the North Sea.
Their journey is filled with adventure, beauty, humour and occasional hardship as Simon discovers the true voice of Shetland.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages, 4 x 8pp colour
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton General Division
- Publication Date: 03/02/2011
- Category: Diaries, letters & journals
- ISBN: 9780340918753