Italian Birds of Passage : The Diaspora of Neapolitan Musicians in New York Hardback
Part of the Italian and Italian American Studies series
This book reviews the period from the unification of Italy to the fascist era through significant Neapolitan performers such as Gilda Mignonette and Enrico Caruso.
It traces the transformation of a popular tradition written in dialect into a popular tradition, written in Italian, that contributed to the production of "American" identity.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 263 pages, XVII, 263 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/09/2014
- Category: Easy listening, MOR music
- ISBN: 9781137322418
- Paperback / softback from £53.25