Making Clocks Paperback / softback
by Stan Bray
Part of the Workshop Practice series
Stan Bray introduces the fascinating world of horology to the complete beginner.
This book explains the terminology of the clockmaker and provides general details of clock construction including layout of wheels and escarpments, a number of the latter being described.
Making of wheels, pinions, escarpments, plates, pendulums, weights, cases, hands and faces is described.
The necessary tools and equipment are described with details of how to make specialized items and choice of most suitable materials for their construction.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, 42 black and white photographs; 40 scale plans & line drawings; 3 tables of data
- Publisher: Special Interest Model Books
- Publication Date: 15/02/2001
- Category: Clocks, chronometers & watches (horology)
- ISBN: 9781854862143