Representing Masculinity : Male Citizenship in Modern Western Culture Paperback / softback
Edited by Stefan Dudink, Karen Hagemann, Anna Clark
Part of the Studies in European Culture and History series
This book explores the role of masculinity in shaping citizenship in the western world.
Can the universal ideal of citizenship be redeemed or is it mired in exclusionary notions of masculinity, race and class?
The book traces the ideal of citizenship and its myriad of exclusions from the French revolution to the Twentieth century.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, XVI, 288 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/08/2012
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230340152