Subaltern Ethics in Contemporary Scottish and Irish Literature : Tracing Counter-Histories Hardback
This book develops an innovative Irish-Scottish postcolonial approach by galvanizing Emmanuel Levinas' ethics with the socio-cultural category of the 'subaltern'.
It sheds new light on contemporary Scottish and Irish fiction, exploring how these writings interact with the recent restructuring of the three state-formations in Ireland and Scotland.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 231 pages, XII, 231 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/05/2011
- Category: Literary studies: post-colonial literature
- ISBN: 9780230241701
- Paperback / softback from £49.85