Scandinavian Object Shift and Optimality Theory Hardback
This book presents an account of object shift, a word order phenomenon found in most of the Scandinavian languages where an object occurs unexpectedly to the left and not to the right of a sentential adverbial.
With new and original observations, it is an important addition to the fields of phonology, optimality theory and theoretical syntax.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 154 pages, XIV, 154 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/05/2014
- Category: Grammar, syntax
- ISBN: 9781137431639
- Paperback / softback from £37.39