Degeneration, Normativity and the Gothic at the Fin De Siecle Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture series
This exciting new study looks at degeneration and deviance in nineteenth-century science and late-Victorian Gothic fiction.
The questions it raises are as relevant today as they were at the nineteenth century's fin de siecle: What constitutes the norm from which a deviation has occurred?
What exactly does it mean to be 'normal' or 'abnormal'?
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 304 pages, IX, 304 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/01/2015
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137450326
- Paperback / softback from £61.69