Riding : A Beginner's Guide Paperback / softback
The book includes everything the new rider needs to know, from where to ride and what to wear, to early lessons, hacking out and even competing.
Topics covered include: how to behave around horses, with an understanding of their basic nature; mounting - getting on and off; basic position in the saddle and how to hold the reins; how to stop, go and steer; walk, trot (rising/sitting) and canter; the jumping position and polework; how to hold a whip, changing from left to right; the value of lungeing; hacking, opening gates, galloping, road work, coping with traffic; and riding etiquette.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, illustrations (colour)
- Publisher: The Crowood Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/09/2014
- Category: Riding, showjumping & horsemanship
- ISBN: 9781908809230