Deep Purple and Rainbow 1968-1979: Every Album, Every Song (On Track) Paperback
Part of the On Track series
* The first book to combine the "classic" output of Deep Purple and Rainbow into one book in such detail. * 2018 sees the 50th anniversary of the first Deep Purple album "Shades of Deep Purple."* Deep Purple have remained active until this day, and a version of Rainbow reformed for live shows in 2015, to considerable media attention. * Written by a respected journalist and magazine editor. Few would deny that Deep Purple were one of the most influential and popular heavy rock bands to emerge from the melting pot of the late `60s, going through several line-up changes, and stylistic shifts, before splitting up for the first time in 1976.
Talismanic guitarist Ritchie Blackmore carried the spirit on in many ways when he formed Rainbow after leaving Purple in 1975, particularly with his partnership with legendary singer Ronnie James Dio.
This is an exhaustive guide to the band's music, as critical opinion rubs shoulders with facts, trivia and anecdotes to provide a fascinating `alternative history' of these revered bands .
Whether you are a hardcore fan or simply want a guide through the world which lies beyond Smoke on the Water, this book is for you.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 160 pages, 16 colour pages featuring 25 colour photographs
- Publisher: Sonicbond Publishing
- Publication Date: 25/10/2018
- Category: Discographies & buyer's guides
- ISBN: 9781789520026