Armin Hofmann Paperback / softback
Edited by Museum Fur Gestaltung Zurich
Part of the Poster Collection series
The history of posters is rich in variations on the hand.
In consumer posters, a hand presents desirable products.
But the hand can also take the form of a symbolically charged gesture in the political poster.
In cultural posters, the hand then becomes the emblem of the creative individual.
Just as versatile as the rhetoric of the hand are its diverse uses as a design element.
In this volume, photographic, illustrative and abstract graphic images add up to a small cultural history of the hand as an eloquent conveyor of messages.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 77 pages, Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Lars Muller Publishers
- Publication Date: 20/06/2010
- Category: Individual artists, art monographs
- ISBN: 9783037780046