Base Colonies in the Western Hemisphere, 1940-1967 Hardback
by Steven High
Part of the Studies of the Americas series
This book examines the social, economic and political aftermath of the famous Anglo-American 'destroyers-for-bases' deal of 2nd September 1940 that saw fifty obsolete U.S. destroyers exchanged for 'base colonies' in Trinidad, Bermuda, Newfoundland and the Bahamas.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 299 pages, 11 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 299 p. 11 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/02/2009
- Category: International relations
- ISBN: 9780230609433
- Paperback / softback from £70.19