Bourgeois Ideology and Education : Subversion Through Pedagogy Hardback
by Steven Snow
This book identifies the origins and central assertions of bourgeois ideology as well as the reasons for their persuasive power, and offers pedagogical tools to weaken them.
The author suggests techniques for use in the classroom, the community and the imagination that subvert negative stereotypes about poor people and individualist explanations for socio-economic status.
Written from an ecumenical socialist perspective combining Marxist, neo-Marxist, and anarchist perspectives, this book utilizes a broad interdisciplinary scope, encompassing political theory, religion, political psychology, and literature.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 138 pages, 1 Line drawings, black and white; 1 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 29/01/2018
- Category: Moral & social purpose of education
- ISBN: 9781138721111
- Paperback / softback from £33.99
- EPUB from £31.49
- PDF from £31.49