M26/M46 Pershing Tank 1943-1953 Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Tony Bryan, Jim Laurier
Part of the New Vanguard series
From the moment that the M4 Sherman had been matched against German Panther and Tiger tanks, the American tank crews had known that their vehicles were outclassed by the opposition.
What was needed was a more powerful tank, more heavily armed and armored, that could take-on the powerful German panzers on a more equal footing.
Although it took time to develop by the latter months of the war numbers of M26 Pershing tanks were reaching the frontline US armored units.
Well armored and with a powerful 90mm gun the Pershing was a match for any tank in the German order of battle.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, 40 b&w and 14 colour illustrations, index
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 15/11/2000
- Category: Military vehicles
- ISBN: 9781841762029