Turning Points in Natural Theology from Bacon to Darwin : The Way of the Argument from Design Hardback
Part of the Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters series
Discusses crucial moments in the historical development of natural theology in England from the time of Francis Bacon to that of Charles Darwin.
While the argument from design remains the rhetorical method of choice for natural theologians throughout the three centuries in question, the locus and object of design undergo a change.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 193 pages, XVII, 193 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/08/2012
- Category: Philosophy of religion
- ISBN: 9780230108844
- Paperback / softback from £48.25