Contemporary Street Arts in Europe : Aesthetics and Politics Hardback
Part of the Studies in International Performance series
Street theatre invades a public space, shakes it up and disappears, but the memory of the disruption haunts the site for audiences who experience it.
This book looks at how the dynamic interrelationship of performance, participant and place creates a politicized aesthetic of public space that enables the public to rehearse democratic practices.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 228 pages, XIII, 228 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/11/2012
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230220263
- Paperback / softback from £46.65