Spirits and Slaves in Central Sudan : The Red Wind of Sennar Paperback / softback
Part of the Contemporary Anthropology of Religion series
This historical ethnography from Central Sudan explores the century-old intertwining of zar , spirit possession, with past lives of ex-slaves and shows that, despite very different social and cultural contexts, zar has continued to be shaped by the experience of slavery.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 282 pages, 9 Illustrations, black and white; XXXII, 282 p. 9 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/06/2015
- Category: Spiritualism
- ISBN: 9781137534798
- Hardback from £50.35
- PDF from £34.00
- Paperback / softback from £36.25