Uninsured in America, Updated : Life and Death in the Land of Opportunity Paperback / softback
"Uninsured in America" goes to the heart of why more than forty million Americans are falling through the cracks in the health care system, and what it means for society as a whole when so many people suffer the consequences of inadequate medical care.
Based on interviews with 120 uninsured men and women and dozens of medical providers, policymakers, and advocates from around the nation, this book takes a fresh look at one of the most important social issues facing the United States today.
A new afterword updates the stories of many of the people who are so memorably presented here.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 295 pages, 7 line illustrations
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 20/10/2006
- Category: Welfare & benefit systems
- ISBN: 9780520250062