The fascinating but ultimately tragic tale of Mary, Queen of Scots, holds eternal appeal.
In this beautifully illustrated book, now available in paperback, Susan Watkins re-creates the world in which Mary lived - the landscapes, the palaces and the courtly culture, and the fine details of the domestic scene - in vivid word pictures, which give life to the wealth of historical illustrations and specially taken photographs by Mark Fiennes, who accompanied Susan Watkins on her journey in search of the true story behind the Queen across three countries.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 194 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 19/03/2009
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780500288177