Angels of Modernism : Religion, Culture, Aesthetics 1910-1960 Hardback
The angel can be viewed as a signal reference to modernist attempts to accommodate religious languages to self-consciously modern cultures.
This book uses the angel to explore the relations between modernist literature and early twentieth-century debates over the secular and/or religious character of the modern age.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 226 pages, X, 226 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/10/2011
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9780230275393
- Paperback / softback from £49.85