Magritte Paperback / softback
by Suzi Gablik
Part of the World of Art series
Through shock and paradox, Rene Magritte sets out to reveal the mysterious nature of thought.
His paintings, with their unexpected juxtaposition of objects, are a deliberate defiance of common sense.
In this classic study, Suzi Gablik explains how Magritte was never involved in the experimental techniques and stylistic innovations of the other Surrealists, and how, as a result, his work has proved to hold more options for the future. 228 illus., 19 in color.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, 209 Illustrations, black and white; 19 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/05/1985
- Category: Art & design styles: Surrealism & Dada
- ISBN: 9780500201992