The Oxford History of Modern Europe Paperback / softback
Written by eleven contributors of international standing, this book offers a readable and authoritative account of Europe's turbulent history from the French Revolution in the late eighteenth century to the present day.
Each chapter portrays both change and continuity, revolutions and stability, and covers the political, economic, social, cultural, and military life of Europe.
This book provides a better understanding of modern Europe, how it came to be what it is,and where it may be going in the future.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 416 pages, 8 pp plates, 6 maps
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 29/06/2000
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780192853714