The Performing Century : Nineteenth-Century Theatre's History Paperback / softback
Edited by T. Davis, P. Holland
Part of the Redefining British Theatre History series
This book looks at modes of performance and forms of theatre in Nineteenth-century Britain and Ireland.
On subjects as varied as the vogue for fairy plays to the representation of economics to the work of a parliamentary committee in regulating theatres, the authors redefine what theatre and performance in the Nineteenth century might be.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 271 pages, XIV, 271 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/11/2007
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230250406