Palimpsests and the Literary Imagination of Medieval England : Collected Essays Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
Witnesses to the disappearance of a text, palimpsest manuscripts bear the marks of their own genesis, with their original inscription rubbed out and written over on the same parchment.
This collection explores analogies of erasure and rewriting observed in editorial and literary practices underlying the production of texts from medieval England.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 267 pages, XX, 267 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/03/2011
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230100268
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £55.79