Why Not? The Story of a Retail Maverick and Courts Paperback / softback
Why Not? The Story of a Retail Maverick and Courts tells the story of Terry O'Connor and how he brought a British household name to Singapore.
Part biography, the book gives a fascinating insight into the history of Courts, a general goods stores first set up in 1850 in Canterbury, England, its subsequent expansion into Southeast Asia, and its transformation from a furniture retailer to a purveyor of electronic goods.
The author relates his personal journey from trainee buyer in an electronics store in Liverpool to chief executive of Courts Asia, and gives thoughtful insights into doing business in Southeast Asia.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 200 pages, illustrations, portraits
- Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/10/2013
- Category: Autobiography: business & industry
- ISBN: 9789814328722