More than 200 timber species are described in this lavishly illustrated, compact edition of U.K. author Terry Porter's best-selling book. There are handsome colour photographs of each species, and reliable data on working properties, seasoning requirements and typical uses.
A further 200 species are listed in brief, and there is a comprehensive index.
Aimed squarely at the individual or small-scale user, whether professional or amateur, the book includes woods used in cabinetmaking, joinery, carpentry, turning and carving.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, full colour illustrations throughout, 223 illustrations, 402 photographs
- Publisher: Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/03/2012
- Category: DIY: carpentry & woodworking
- ISBN: 9781861088550